If its one thing I have learned is that social media is here to stay and it is not going anywhere! So with that said, if you are in business and not on social media you are setting yourself up for a major upset in the future. We live in a world where people dont go to the phone book anymore to look for services or products. We dont like watching commercials on tv or listening to ads on the radio. We want to be able to get access to information with a simple google search.Then to get a full understanding the next thing we do is check out what others are saying on social media. Lets be honest social media is no longer a thing of the future… ITS RIGHT NOW.
One of the biggest challenges that I hear from most of my visionaries is that the reason they don’t use social media as much is because of 3 main reasons.
- They dont know where to post
- They dont know when to post
- and MOST OF ALL they dont know WHAT to post.
In this article I will show you 10 things that I know as an entrepreneur on social media you should post. These 10 things will absolutely help you in increasing your visibility and reach to your target market as well.
Here are the 10 Things to Share on Social Media as a business owner.
- Highlight Others – Lets be real, one of the best ways to grab attention of others is to give them attention. Nothing is more flattering then when someone recognizes you for your hard work. Well if you are flattered, then imagine that person you are recognizing as well. Also there is just an attraction to someone who shows that kind of humility by taking themselves out of the spotlight and highlighting others.
- Well wishes to someone – Outside of highlighting others for their hard work, you can also recognize them for their special day. It could be their birthday, anniversary, maybe they received a promotion. Two of the social media platforms that I take time to recognize people on are Facebook for birthdays and Linkedin for Job Anniversaries or Promotions. What I do is find out whats going on and I make a generic post on Canva and post on their timeline. Or I will inbox them and tell them a special message different from the pre-designed message that most of these social media sites will create for you.
- Announce Something – Nothing brings attention like an announcement. Maybe you just locked in a new client. SHARE IT. Maybe you were booked to speak at a conference. ANNOUNCE IT. Have a new blog post? ANNOUNCE IT. Maybe you are going on a trip across the world ANNOUNCE IT. You may be giving away something, launching a book, WHATEVER… Make time to announce those pivotal moments in your life. One of my students in S.Y.S.T.E.M. Mastery announced her book that she is launching… You wouldnt believe the response that she received. While a lot of people talk about haters all the time… TRUST ME.. people love to see you win as well.
- Be personal – If it is one thing I know is that people want to feel connected to you in some way. One of the best things I could have done with my social media is make sure to show a bit of me to my audience. At the end of the day people like to do business with people that they can relate to. They want to like you and feel they know you. Especially when you are building a small business. Even when you grow your business to another level to become a household name, your customers will still want to feel that they relate. This is why many corporations use commercials of people that others can relate to. They create products that become more personable. Think about when coke started making the coke bottles with the names on it. How many of you felt intrigued to find your name? My first name is Taurea so it was pretty hard to find my bottle. Well I guess. I honestly never bothered to look extremely hard but every time I saw I bottle with names, I did take a glance. Then when they realized that everyone’s name would be hard guess what they did??? They then added quotes and phrases. Making their product personal.
- Repost Someone Else’s Post – Again when it comes to humility.. Nothing trumps edifying others. People love to know you are in the know but also you dont want to come off as the end all be all. Thats not realistic. So everynow and then if you find a good post, share it. Also a great thing with this especially if you are looking to attract more influences is that when you share their posts… TRUST ME THEY WILL START WATCHING WHAT YOUR DOING. It never fails. To get a little you must give a little. Same goes with alot. Be sure though that what you share does serve your audience.
- A Resource That You Like – This can be an array of things but most importantly make sure that whatever the resource is that you share it makes sense to your target audience. Remember when it comes to social media, your ultimate goal should be to be seen as an expert in your industry. So if you are in the hair industry it may not make sense to share an article you found about real estate. This could confuse your audience so be tactful in your sharing. Different things you could share are helpful articles you found, news stories, web pages, quotes etc. I use a tool called buffer to share these posts. It allows you to go to any site and simply share it with the buffer tool
- Ask a Question – Asking a question is definitely a cool thing to do to get your followers to engage on your timeline. Your question could be something about anything honestly. It could be a business question or a personal question. For example one time I was in a city for a workshop that I was having on that day and a good way to identify who was following me in that city, I asked a question of where is a great place to get seafood in the city. The response was huge but it also allowed me to connect with some additional people in that city.
- Offer a Special Discount – You may have a product that you are wanting to launch. One of the ways to get the word out is to offer a special discount. If you notice this is really the only time where we discuss talking specifically about your business products or services outside of making an announcement. One of the major mistakes most entrepreneurs make is that they only talk about their product or service. Buy Buy Buy Buy from me!!! While you definitely want to announce your specials you dont want to ONLY talk about your specials.
- Personal Development (Branded Quotes) – For me this is always nice and yes while you see people doing this all over what you dont see everyone doing is making an extra effort to brand their quotes and to have them stand out. I actually have a graphic designer who makes my quotes for me on a weekly basis and uses my logo. Now the key is to make sure that your quotes align with your brand. For me this is something Im constantly adjusting as well as my brand evolves.
- Report on What You Are Doing Now – Now please keep in mind I dont mean report EVERYTHING. I know some people will take this advice to a whoooole different level. They announce every move they are doing. I dont mean that. What I mean is report the major things. Maybe you are at a conference with major influencers. Then yes should announce that. Maybe get a picture with some of the speakers. That is what I mean in announcing. It doesnt just have to be business but it could also be something you are doing that is really cool. Maybe you are at a Nascar race. Well for me that would be really cool to go to so since I know its cool, Im going to post it. I like to show that my life is more than just this office and computer.
So these 10 things if you learn how to truly get good at post all these, I promise you are going to increase your reach and engagement. Now CALM DOWN BREEEEATH.. LOL you dont have to do all 10 every single day BUT I will say that it is a good list to use weekly. There are several tools that you can actually use out there to help make more of this automated for you. In my Online University S.Y.S.T.E.M. Mastery, I actually go into more depth with showing you how to be more automated with your social media posts so that you are not so overwhelmed with getting all this stuff out. To learn more about my program, I would say first get a copy of my book Show Your Success To Effective Marketing Mastery (by the way thats what SYSTEM Mastery stands for) for FREE! All you have to do is cover the shipping and handling cost. Its a full color cover to cover book where I discuss a 4 quadrant marketing success system. To get your FREE book go to www.TheSystemMastery.com
Also if you are not following me online go to my Facebook page today. Facebook.com/VisionAvant