I hope that you have truly been enjoying these blog posts that we have been doing. I set a goal to blog at least 5 days in a row and Im making sure everyone that is apart of my visionary circle gets 1st dibs. Now once I am done with day 5, I am going to actually offer something to you guys that only those in my visionary circle will be able to take advantage of.
In this post we are going to talk about what to do on your follow up. You’ve met some people but now you will want to make those connections and in most cases most people don’t know how to properly follow up.
Let me show you How to Follow UP and become a follow up Rockstar because we all know the FORTUNE IS IN THE FOLLOW UP.
- First Follow Up (First 24 to 48 hours) – In this follow up it is best to maybe send them a simple email that tells them it was nice to meet them. Typically I will use a CRM program. CLICK HERE to sign up for the one that I use and also when you sign up, you will get 30 days free plus $10 off your first month. The reason why I love Contactually is because you are able to set reminds, see who opened it up, set up a notification that states that if they don’t open it up then you can send them a reminder email etc etc etc. Now in this email what I will write is something like “Hey [FIRST NAME] It was a pleasure meeting you today! I am so glad we connected. By the way are you on social media? If so Id love to follow you!”
- Connect with them on Social Media – Ok now you have emailed them, hopefully they will reply back. Even if they don’t, you do want to try to find them on social media. Send them a friend request and when they accept you, be sure to comment on their timeline (if you can) that it was a pleasure to meet them. The reason why you want to comment on their timeline is because then others will see it.
- Build up communication – So now th at we have been connected on social media and hopefully they have replied back to my email, my goal is to now build communication. I may ask them if they are planning to attend any other events or I may tell them about an event that I know about. I don’t normally like to set up a one-on-one too soon. I need to make sure its worth my time and the best place to meet someone at this phase is just at another group.
- Ask their permission – Ok so now we have been building a bit of a good level of communication, I may ask them if it is ok to send them my free ebook (or whatever your “hook” item is) If they say yes, confirm what email is best and then you can add them to your email list. I would normally send them an email to request this so I can keep track of the conversation via Contactually.
- Send them a referral – If you want people to send you referrals the best thing you could do is give what you want to receive. So with that said by now you have built enough of a relationship where if you ask them what is an ideal customer for them. Now this is if they are in business. They may not be in business so you don’t have to even ask them this question but its always good to try and find some great referrals for people. Now keep in mind just because you give them a referral don’t expect them to do the same. If they do the same, that is a blessing… HOWEVER know this.. That when you give, the law states you shall receive. The referral may not come from them but it will come.
- Schedule a coffee meeting – Now if we have been connected for a while and it makes sense, I will then schedule to sit down with them. I will say if I met 20 new people in a month in most cases only about 2 to 4 people make the cut. However the reason why I am meeting with them is NOT TO SELL… Its to build upon that relationship. If they ask you, then you tell but if not just take time to connect. Maybe also see how you guys can do something together. Collaborations can be beneficial to each other. My overall goal with every new relationship is for them to become 1 of 3. A referrer, A partner or A customer. Most of my friends friends Ive known the longest refer me plenty of business so thats what friendships are all about especially when you are business.I hope this helps get you started with your following ups. There are of course other things you can do as well. You can send special gifts for those really influential people and other things. The key is to build communication. With communication comes connections and INCREASE.Let me know what you thought about this post!