PROFILE PICTURE IS EVERYTHING!
Your profile picture is absolutely important. It should show the image of the person that you want people to see. You don’t want to use a logo for your profile picture if you are looking to brand yourself as the face of your company. Also make sure your picture is professionally shot. Spend money in your picture because remember your profile picture is the first thing people see.
Here are a few Elements to having a nice profile picture on social media.
1. Make sure background is clean and clear. The best background is to just be solid or even when you have the blurred background effect. You want your face to be the draw not what is going on in the background.
2. Professional Headshot is always best. Unfortunately we do live in a world where people will judge you based upon what your pictures look like and because your profile picture is the first thing they say, it would be ideal that you spend money to have a great headshot or picture done. A great picture at least from waist up is what I would recommend. Also make sure your outfit corresponds to what it is you are wanting to portray.
3. Wear nice colors. You want your colors to pop on your profile picture. I dont mean wear a bright yellow suit or lime green dress but something that will pop. There has actually been studies on the colors that we wear and what it can attract. Colors tap into the subconscious mind in many ways. I wont go into how and why but just know your colors you wear do speak volumes.
4. No group pictures. Your personal profile picture should not be a group of people. Your goal is to stand out so make sure that you don’t hide yourself in a group of people. You want people to see YOU when they first come to your page. Not a group.
5. You in action. Every now and then you can switch up your profile picture to you in action. Just make sure it can be clearly seen. For example if you do hair, you can have a picture of you doing hair. Make sure however in the picture that you are highlighted and not the model that you are doing hair for. Remember you want to stand out in your profile. If you are a personal trainer, show a PROFESSIONAL picture of you working out. The key thing to remember is make sure these are STILL professional.
6. Smile. It doesn’t matter how conservative the organization is that you work with or how professional you want to appear. Smiling always is inviting. Smiling is also like a FREE face-lift. It makes you look younger. It makes you approachable. It makes others happy. Your non-verbal communication is all in your smile so don’t be afraid to show those pearly whites.
7. Change up your Picture. People get bored quickly and there is nothing like reengaging people to your social media with new profile pictures. I would say every 6 months at least change up your picture. Keep your profile pictures consistent with what it is you are wanting to brand as well.
I hope you enjoyed this post!