If you have been following me for at least more than a few days, you should know by now that I am a total advocate for social media. For me social media has allowed me to be able to reach so many people than any other form of marketing. For me it is directly responsible for me being able to build two million dollar home based businesses from home and now building a million dollar empire in my Show Your Success Workshops currently on tour all across the US.
So with that said it is my goal that by the time you finish this post you totally understand why I personally love social media. So I wanted to give you 7 reasons why I love social media. Enjoy!
- Social Media allows you to market to a target audience. You know when it comes to marketing one of the things that I get from most of my S.Y.S.T.E.M. Mastery Students is that they are tired of marketing to the wrong people. I mean it does make sense. If you are sell surfboards and you are marketing to people who dont live by the ocean, are you going to be truly profitable? NO.. So the question is “How can you be effective with your marketing?”. Well social media allows you to do that. One of the ways you can use social media to market to your target audience is through a trick that I call hashtag marketing. Hashtag marketing is exactly what it sounds like. Its marketing to specific hashtags. So what I would do is go and look up certain hashtags and message those people using it. For example with surfboards, lets say you look for hashtags with surfing in it. #surelife #ilovetosurf #suringincali something like that. I would look for people using these hashtags and message them, like their pictures or even follow them.
- Social Media can boost your SEO for your website. On your social media profiles you are able to do what they call in the internet world backlinks. Basically meaning putting links on sites that points back to your primary website. Overall you goal for your social media should be to redirect people to your website but the more your website shows up on social media networks the more it helps you with bettering your SEO. SEO stands for search engine optimization. This is important to learn how to optimize or hire a company to optimize your website so you can be found when people google certain keywords.
- Social Media can lead to incredible relationship building. If you do this right you will absolutely become a ROCKSTAR. The purpose of social media at first was to create online profiles for people to stay in touch with family and friends. While there are many businesses from start up to fortune 500 who use social media for business, keep in mind that even still today majority of most people on social media are still there for relationships. Most small business owners forget this and forget the importance of building relationships with conversations. You should be posting incredible content but if you are not communicating you are more than likely costing your business hundreds to thousands of dollars. People at the end of the day buy from people that they know, like and trust.
- Social Media can help you get noticed by influencers. This has been absolutely true for me. When you think about it, your social media gives social proof if what it is you are talking about is true. This is why I love to use hashtags for all the events that I do. The reason why is because I can then tell people to search the hashtag and in most cases the media so they can see all the great things that are happening. This way they are able to see all the different people that are actually posting and using the hashtag which gives even bigger credibility. I would also like to add that using the hashtag is a great tool for locking in sponsors. Ive been able to get thousands because Ive shown potential investors the hashtags and how people have been using them. Great great great waaaay to be noticed.
- Social Media ads can target and retarget. So let me ask you… Have you ever been on a website and then went to Facebook and noticed an ad that is promoting something you were just looking at? lol I remember when this first happened to me, I was like OK SOMEONE IS WATCHING ME… but the truth is that its nothing more than a Facebook Ad post used that sets up a rule that whenever someone goes to this website then show them this ad. See the reason why this ingenious is because the average person needs to see something on average 5 times before they buy. This is a great way to stay in front of that potential customer.
- You can respond to problems immediately. So one of the things that helps me tremendously with building even more credibility is the fact that I am able to use my social media as a way to handle customer service and whats so strong about that is also the fact that others can see it as well which grows confidence in my brand. Also with the feedback you get in the process of social media marketing, you’ll be the first to know when there are issues – and you can take steps to resolve them right away.
- Customers you didn’t know existed will find (and buy from) you. In the process of marketing with Facebook, you’ll probably join a ton of groups related to your products, industry and customer base. By posting links in these groups, you’ll help influence customers to check out your site. Get active in groups as well. Dont just sell but post some value. For example I am going to actually post some of my posts in groups! This is how I increase my exposure!
So I hope you enjoyed these 7 reasons. I plan to bring more to you as well. Make sure that you are apart of my visionary circle so you dont miss any of the new posts that are coming out!